this went more smoothly than we thought. we used clamps and 2x4s to bend the flashing into shape. i had been warned several times to work in 8′ lengths and this was good advice. we bent the edge exposed to the plastic back on itself to help prevent tears. we found using another piece of wood to run along the bend helped get sharp and consistent edges. the clamps in the picture are where we pegged the pieces together with “eternebond” on the advice of our solar installers who deal with all kinds of roof sealing situations. we ended up cutting a new piece of vinyl siding and hooking the bottom and nailing the into holes we drilled.