we have been working really hard… a lot is happening. will work to fill in pix and posts, but the truth is we may have forgotten half of what we have done.
a few highlights.:
3 people planted their first seeds
expert seed blocking continues to keep us on schedule
- path cutting to the train station with a new gasoline powered tool – REACTIVE, but see next highlight.
things grew 6 inches in less than a week
- 1/2 (the important part) deer fence installed
- lots of cool signs put in that are still blank but allow greenhorns (us) to look at the field and understand it.
more rows marked out
irrigation planning and testing – leaning towards rain catchment.
1 ton of lime spread & 1/2 ton soil amendments
- many feet of rows prepared and planted
lots of transplanting & side dressing & watering
- the movable sheep fence has been set up
flowers continue to bloom
- lots of proper hoeing and broad forking and moving of plastic to fill in the rows
- expert meals cooked by liz + pancakes
- we have begun eating things we planted.
- field at least 50% cultivated
- and the next post